Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Blood

I just went along with my flatmate to try and donate blood (a bit of a spur of the moment thing but i've wanted to do it for a while, I just never got round to it). I filled in the form and answered their questions. But I wasn't able to give blood yet because they have slight issues with my damaged kidney acquired when I was a baby due to a urinary tract infection. So now I have to wait for them to contact my G.P. to make sure donating my blood won't affect my fully functioning kidney. Its weird because the fact I have only one fully functioning kidney has never affected my life in any way before. But I know they're required to check 'for my own safety'. So i'll just have to wait and see if i'm able to give blood. At least I now know i'm not anaemic. And as a result of the prick test to confirm this fact I have acquired a ridiculously big plaster to cover the tiny prick on my finger tip, making it look like i've got a much more serious injury to my finger.

I also made use of the trip to town for the blood test to get some things for my latest costume. On Saturday I will dress up as a Finnish person. This basically involves lots of blue and white. It was going to involve a blond wig but I decided after buying the blue and white face paint and hair spray that i'm too cheap. So unfortunately there will be no wig. I was atually going to be a shark (my costume is supposed to link in with a underground station so i've chosen Finsbury Park) but there was no way I was going to have time to make a shark costume (I have 2 exams, a presentation and an essay all in for next week). So I decided to be Finnish (which my finnish flatmate is anticipating the result of). We shall see how it turns out...............

1 Comments:

At 3:11 pm, Blogger gap year Josh said...

How funny - I went with 2 of my flatmates to give blood yesterday, but when we got there they said it was closed as they had a shortage of staff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home