Sunday, March 06, 2005

Pointless post ranting on about school (WARNING not very interesting)

Its 2 in the morning and I don't feel very tired so i'm writing a post to fill the time (that and the fact that i don't want to sleep because that would mean i'd wake up and have to start my homework sooner).

I'm so fed up with the amount of homework i've been getting lately. Its just been constant latin homeworks (ranging from essays to tests to context questions), chemistry tests, economics essays (and tests) and biology questions/ tests/ coursework. I've found myself going to school with the aim of just getting through the day, making up excuses for late homeworks and on the odd occasion not doing a homework at all. Its quite sad that I feel more awake right now at 2 in the morning than I have in a long time while at school. I think one of the problems may be that i've stopped writing down my homeworks (due to the fact that I lost my homework diary) and so don't actually have a clue what some of them are (on the odd occasion i've had to make up essay titles, writing 2500 words about something which I then find out was only partially related to the proposed essay theme). Another thing may be that i've become noticably (well i've noticed it anyway) lazier when it comes to homework. When I think back to 3 or 4 years ago I was doing 3 or 4 homeworks a night. Now I can hardly manage to do 1 latin translation, even when i've found the translation on the internet (what.......it takes time to translate the translations. They're all in old fashioned english using words that haven't been used in a century or two). My sleeping pattern is also a complete mess. Sleep occurs at something like 1-2 in the morning and I get up for school at 7 each morning (I then lie in bed for another half hour trying to cram as much sleep as possible into it). My body always wakes me up at 7 no matter how much I concentrate on the fact that I want to get up at 7.30, stupid internal clock. But I think the main factor in my just going through the motions at school is that I finish school so soon. Its only a couple of months away (well not including the exams I then have). I can see the end coming and I want to already be there, skipping all the remaining work that still has to be done.

Saying all that i'm still on the 'good side' of my latin class (regardless of the fact that I was the first and only person to ever sit in the corner of shame as a result of failing to do a latin translation...........oh how ashamed of myself I felt, facing the wall in a corner on my own...............so lonely...............the memory still haunts me). Anyway being on the 'good side' basically translates as 'does the homeworks on time and to a reasonably good standard' and accounts for 4 of the 7 members of the class. I'm also still getting good marks in my chemistry tests and biology homeworks and even my economics homeworks (even though I don't really enjoy the subject) so I guess i'm coping fine. I just can't wait till the holidays when the weekends won't just be a 'catch up on the homeworks you didn't do in the week' and 'catch up on sleep' time (and i'm doing such a good job of that now seeing as the clock on the computer has just turned 3 a.m).

Woah i can't believe my head just spewed up so much crap. That was kind of my mind self reflecting that became a blog post. Looking back on it its also quite a boring and pointless post. Oh well, on the blog it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home