Sunday, September 25, 2005

The day after

The day after the 'nightmare' incident I felt really tired because not getting much sleep at night and getting up at 9 for an appointment with the nurse don't mix. As a result I made a few stupid mistakes that day. I had the pleasure of working for my parents at their office again (they wouldn't let me go home to sleep). Things mostly went fine until, without looking at the envelope properly and which way round it was, I stuck some stamps on the bottom of it (quite a few as well) and so had to peel them off and stick them back on in the right place (using selotape). The paper on the bottom of the envelope as a result was quite thin. Then I didn't stamp the DX letters very well and so the address on the stamp was only partly printed onto the letters. These weren't such bad mistakes so I went to post the letters. At the same time I had to pick up a prescription for another vaccine. So I went to the doctors surgery and went up to the reception. I was thinking about the fact that when I got the vaccine back from the pharmacy I would have to make another appointment with the nurse. So, when I got the receptionists attention, I asked, 'I come to pick up an appointment'. She just looked at me. I looked back. Then she said, 'do you mean you've come to book an appointment?' to which, realising what i'd said and feeling really embarrased, I replied, 'no, sorry, i meant to say i've come to pick up a prescription.' She just laughed and to be honest I was just feeling generally crap from lack of sleep and an aching arm (due to the vaccination) so I didn't care about it.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 am, Blogger elaine said...

you should put up "word verification" so that you don't get any of these spammer guys asking you to visit their sites. just a recommendation. you don't have to do it.

hope you get some sleep!

 
At 1:19 am, Blogger Alex said...

I think i'll do that. Thanks for the advice Prufrock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home