Monday, October 10, 2005

I didn't know I had that!

I decided to clean up my room a bit this evening. Its funny how much stuff you find out you have but had completely forgotten about.

Apparently, contrary to what I told Nick just last week, I do have a spare pair of glasses. I also have a pair of sunglasses which I have a memory of losing while on holiday in Spain. So, unless my room was situated in Spain back then (which it was not), my memory is wrong. Maybe i'm just confusing it with the time I lost my sunglasses in Penang. Those sunglasses haven't turned up so I take it that memory is real.

I also found a piece of slate. This may sound like a weird thing to have in your room and initially I was confused also. But then I remembered this was a piece of slate I picked up while on my first school trip with Highgate school in year 6 when we went to Wales. We had visited a slate mine and gone underground which was pretty cool and then i'd taken a piece of slate for some reason. So i'm keeping it.

Just when you thought a piece of slate was weird I then found a piece of some sort of jar or something. This also carries memories as I had found it in year 3 with my friend Stewart. We had been digging in the playground and found this ceramic piece and apparently I still have it. Damn that was long ago! I even remember the exact spot we dug it up at. I also remember all the theories of what the school was built on that the find encouraged. There was of course the common belief that the school was built on an ancient burial ground (and that as a result the toilets were haunted). But people also started believing the Romans had once lived on the site (incidentally we had just been studying the Romans) and, even more stupidly, that ancient Egyptians had been living on the site many years before the school was constructed. We had recently also studied the ancient Egyptians.

I found a wallet full of Czech crowns (koruna), useful for when I go to czech even if it is all small change. And I also found 20 Brunei dollars which I should give to Nick.

I was also shocked at the amount of different eczema creams I found. I thought i'd almost run out but I have about 4 different, and full up, creams. And I find them just as my eczema has been not too bad for a while.

I found a lot of crap (such as a chuckie from the rug rats pencil head which is broken anyway and broken rubbers and pencil sharpeners) which have joined all of my, now useless, schoolwork from the last school year.

But my room cleanup isn't yet finished. In fact, ironically, at the moment it looks even more untidy than it did prior to the cleanup, mainly because alot of the stuff I am sorting out is still on my floor. Who knows what i'll find next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home