Thursday, May 29, 2008

Helpful Pharmacy

I went to the pharmacy today (to get some shampoo and toothpaste). Nothing that exciting. However as I was searching for toothpaste the pharmacist decided to walk off to somewhere in the back of the shop. Suddenly a tv screen in the shop (don't really know why a pharmacy needs a tv hanging from the ceiling) turned on and started playing some sort of advert. At least I think it was an advert. It consisted of a soft woman's voice saying over and over again 'feeling down? Feel like you need help? We can help you!' I don't know whether this was put on for my benefit since the tv had only come on shortly after i'd entered the shop. Maybe they thought I looked upset or in urgent need of help in some way. Maybe I look like a complete wreck. Maybe it was just some sort of strange coincidence that an advert happened to start playing, and then replaying.........a number of times just after i'd come in. Whatever the reason when I was waiting at the counter with my shampoo and toothpaste in hand the tv was off again and the pharmacist came back out from wherever he was hiding. I didn't ask him for help. I hope he wasn't too disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home