Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Angry Oven

The oven in my house is having another tantrum as I write this. Every now and then it decides to throw off one of the knob things which you turn to adjust the heat. It gets quite annoying, especially when you're in another part of the house and you hear this massive crash noise (for some reason it always makes a really loud noise even though the knob is relatively small). The noise sounds like someone is trying to break in and, due to the fact that my room resides over the kitchen, I have had the pleasure of hearing these loud crashes many nights lately.

I don't know whether its trying to tell my family something like 'I've had enough of being used, find somewhere else to cook your dinners' or 'stupid people, I've been stuck in this house for years heating away for you like a slave, I want to see the world! Let me out!' Maybe its just decided its time to retire (it is very old), crumbling away in the process. Or it could just be a very attention seeking oven. Either way its antics have resulted in my parents looking for a replacement. Soon it shall be going where all old ovens go to retire, the dump.

.........................I think it heard me, it just threw off another one of the knobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home