Monday, June 27, 2005

Economics - I hate you no more (mainly because I never have to learn about you again)

It was the weirdest thing last night. After a year of not getting microeconomics (macroeconnomics I don't have a problem with), it all just made sense. It didn't just make sense, it wasn't actually that hard to understand. I think it had something to do with the fact that for the first time I actually read through the notes. Our micro lessons consisted of learning our teacher's life story, which to be honest I didn't mind because I find the economics to be extremely boring and would have switched off after five minutes of learning it. Also this teacher has a talent of being able to make a quite funny and interesting story out of absolutely nothing (even if he tended to repeat himself extremely often). But it felt weird to not only actually be able to draw all the previously confusing diagrams but explain them as well in an exam situation. If only I'd done this in January (instead of reading the notes for the first time half an hour before the exam, panicking and pestering Dheeraj to help me understand what it was all on about). And it doesn't say much for the syllabus if I was able to learn it all in 1 night.
Saying that, knowing the theory and doing well in an exam are two very different things. I was able to apply the theory to the questions ok but I think I concentrated on certain areas to much on the larger questions and missed out some equally relevant (in some cases more relevant and more obvious) points. So how well I do I haven't a clue.
But at least I now understand economics. Oh and more importantly I never have to do it again................god forbid I have to retake any economics papers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home