Saturday, September 03, 2005

The last day part 3

That evening I had a beer with the friend I was staying with in a nearby pub before going by metro to meet up with my remaining course friends. I easily got to the meeting place (the Prague metro really is simple, proven by the fact that I have no problems navigating it) and we started to all walk towards a club. After numerous delaying factors (including waiting for latecomers, waiting for people to eat dinner as they suddenly felt the need to eat and waiting for a girl who randomly decided it was time to wish a friend happy birthday and then have a long conversation with the friend) we made it to the club. It was closed. So we went to stary namesti (the old square) and all had a beer or two (or three) whilst chatting.

One by one the number present started to drop as people left. In the end there was only me and two of my friends (and one person I didn't like that much). It was about 2 in morning and, because the metro stopped running at midnight, I had to make a roughly 30 minute walk back to my friends appartment. So at that point I decided it was time for me to to say goodbye. As my friends said goodbye some random people sitting nearby also decided to say goodbye to me...........which was nice. Maybe they'd been watching the Dobruska channel. Maybe they were drunk.

St Wenceslas Square at 2 something in the morning is quite dodgy. I would recommend people avoid it at this time. My journey home seemed quite long but luckily I remembered it from before I started the course when I went for a walk to the old square. On the walk home I needed the toilet. By the time I got to my friends flat I was desperate for it. Unfortunately the door into the block of flats and, even worse, the door into the flat itself were in my way. Even more unfortunate was the fact that I was a bit tipsy, not the best time to try and unlock doors as quietly as possible so as not to wake the flat's residents. It took a while but I eventually managed to open the door to the appartment building, but getting into the actual flat itself proved impossible. I had to go to the toilet and did so by a nearbye tree (I can't believe i'm talking about this on my blog but whatever). But then I couldn't even get back into the appartment building. I spent 10 minutes or so trying to unlock the door (which I knew I could because I had just done so 10 minutes earlier) before realising I was trying to unlock the wrong door (the building I wanted was further up the street). Feeling incredibly embarrased I opened the correct door and, after again spending ages again trying to unlock the flat door, I finally succeded and made my way into the flat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home