Saturday, December 03, 2005

Blood, blood and more blood!

The titles a little misleading. What i'm about to mention isn't as exciting as the title suggests. I briefly went into the little hospital lab (it really is little, its mainly used to do full blood counts and the more serious tests are sent to a much larger lab not too far from the hospital). While I was there I got to find out my blood type by doing a prick test and then I was taught how to operate a machine that calculates the full blood count from a blood sample. I'd been helping get blood samples in the treatment room for weeks, mainly to test for dengue fever, so it was cool to actually try the next stage and carry out a full blood count myself. However Josh I can say that the whole learning how to use a haemocytometer in biology did not come in handy.

Oh and random fact of the day, the lab also has a centrifuge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home