Friday, November 18, 2005

Hospital Open House

On Wednesday the hospital had an open 'house' which consisted of the staff and patients (as well as other people who just happened to be passing by) sitting, talking and eating. For this occasion I dressed up in a traditional Malay outfit (much to the amusement of the staff and patients alike) which was lent to me. So, having met Alex the surgeon, now meet Alex the Malaysian:


For some reason most of the nurses decided they wanted a photo of me dressed up like this standing with them so I felt almost like some sort of celebrity (first in Czech, now here). And then I had my own stalkers (some little children who were following me around rather blatantly, running, usually unsuccesfully, for some sort of cover whenever I turned in their direction). They made me laugh. They were just so fascinated by the sight of a tall, fair haired non-Malaysian wearing the traditional outfit.

I spent most of this open hospital helping invite people to it (which mostly involved me shaking hands with lots and lots of people). The food was good as usual. However, although the weather was initially good, a storm soon developed and the rain lasted for most of the day. This didn't deter people from the open hospital as it was always pretty full up. On the other hand the inside of the hospital was pretty empty with only a couple of patients coming in for treatment (although it started getting busier again once the open house ended).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home