Saturday, April 01, 2006

Whats the point of checking?!

When I have someone making a large order I check that I have it exactly right before taking their money.

So today a woman came in and made a large order with multiple drinks and food products. I went through the list of things she'd ordered before accepting her money and she said yes thats fine. Then a couple of minutes later I have one of my starbucks partners asking me if I charged the woman for a tall latte. I hadn't because I hadn't heard her order it. So the customer made a big deal out of it, saying i'd even checked with her about her order and still not given her her latte. Well you see madam thats because you didn't ask for it when you were ordering as far as I heard, and when I went through the whole list of things you wanted you didn't bother telling me i'd left out a latte! I don't just read out a long list of items because I like the sound of my own voice. I read it out so you can check I have everything! And so when you forget to tell me about your tall latte it is actually your fault for not mentioning it.

But of course there was no point arguing with the woman. She got her latte and made a few disgruntled grunts (and walked back to her seat with a sour face). Then she came back (with an even sourer face) and told me i'd also forgotten to charge her for a newspaper. Well a newspaper I definately wouldn't have forgotten to charge her since I have eyes and would have been able to see the newspaper in her hands, thats if she had actually had it at the time of paying and wasn't blatantly lying.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 am, Blogger barista brat said...

sometimes you'll repeat their order and they'll sneer and say "NO!". then they'll tell you their order all over again, and guess what? you had it right all along. they were just too stupid to realize it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home