Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Drinks

Today was meant to be a day off but one of the staff members couldn't come to work so I was called in. And it ended up being pretty cool as I got to make some drinks!

I can now make lattes (and the syrup variants), cappacinos, hot chocolates, white and normal chocolate mochas and caramel macchiatos. I'm still a little slow as I have to think about what i'm doing but I can make some of the drinks! And everyone is slow at first (or so i'm told, who knows if they just feel sorry for me and want to make me feel better). So when things got busy one of my 'partners' took over from me. But i'm just happy I can now do it.

Frappacinos are on my 'to learn' list although i have a rough idea how to make them and have made myself a chocolate cream frappacino with whipped cream (which of course tasted really good, but then that was to be expected as it contains chocolate).

3 Comments:

At 10:30 pm, Blogger barista brat said...

alex, you'll totally get the hang of it. everyone IS slow at first, but remember - the key to success at bar is always having enough milk steamed/steaming. it helps immensely.

it's funny they haven't taught you frappuccinos yet. it's the first thing we teach newbies because we make so many of them! even on christmas day people were coming in for their frappuccinos!

 
At 12:30 am, Blogger Alex said...

Wow a frappacino on christmas day! We don't get anywhere near as many orders for frappacinos as we do hot drinks in my branch.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I'll keep the plentiful milk steaming tip in mind when working on the bar :)

 
At 12:31 am, Blogger Alex said...

And no expresso yet Kura-kura. I'll make sure I make one (especially for you) next time I work even if no one orders one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home