Saturday, March 04, 2006

Work

Well today was my 'see if you would like to work at Starbucks' day and I have to say I kind of enjoyed it. My 'partners' (as I have to refer to my fellow Starbucks employees, and I am also a 'partner') are all very friendly. It was actually really busy today (apparently Saturdays are the busiest day for the branch) so the 'partners' didn't really have much chance to show me the ropes but it was enough. I didn't yet start making coffees or using the till (as I still have to be trained to do both) but I was clearing the tables after customers had finished their drinks and food, cleaning the tables, rinsing the mugs and plates before putting them in the dish washer, taking all the washed stuff out of the dish washer and putting them where they needed to go, sweeping the floor, restocking the sugars/spoons/stirring sticks etc., restocking the milk and soya milk, helping a woman get back her keys which she somehow managed to drop in the bin (which was located in a cupboard) and helping a woman put her coffees in a paper bag. I apparently have a day in Starbucks headquarters soon where they tell you about the company and what is expected of a Starbucks employee. That day is also supposed to involve coffee tasting which should be interesting.

I sorted out all the paperwork for the job and properly start on Tuesday. So thats cool. Unfortunately before that I have to go to school, sort out one last thing for my D. of E. (which is just to get a teacher to resign something as he signed his signiture where i'm supposed to sign mine), get that same teacher to send off my D. of E. book, collect my A level certificates which I was going to do on Friday if the court case hadn't gone on until so late, have a mock interview with a certain scary teacher (who set me 60 questions to prepare answers for but, due to the many different things that have occupied my time this week, I haven't managed to get near finishing) and visit my housemaster. Its going to be a fun Monday.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 am, Blogger gap year Josh said...

Dr Welch?

 
At 2:03 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home