Saturday, September 03, 2005

Bus journey to Brno

I was up and ready to catch a coach nice and early the next day. My friend had to go to work but getting to the coach station was easy so I had no problems getting there. I got there about 10 am and straight away went to buy a ticket with the company I had been advised to use. But unfortunately they were booked up for the 10.30 coach. Even worse they were booked up for all coaches till 3.30 pm. There was no way I was waiting that long.

I went down to the information booth and asked when the next bus to Brno was (in czech). I was told opposite. Confused as to what the woman meant by opposite I walked over to the booth opposite but there was no tickets for buses to Brno being sold there. So I walked back over to the info booth and asked a different person the same question. They told me to go to platform 7 for a bus at 11.30. So I did just that.

The bus arrived but started only letting on people who already had a ticket. Those who did not had to queue and hope they could get on. I was in that queue. I waited in it for about half an hour before it was revealed there wasn't enough room for most of us queuers.

Tired, hurting from the heavy bags (yep again, stupid bags!) and very hot (it was starting to get really hot in czech again after the cold winds of Dobruska) I went back to the info desk. I was this time told to go to platform 11 for a bus leaving at 12.30.

Luckily this time I was able to get on. My bag was my companion sitting in the seat next to me (as I couldn't be bothered to put it under the bus, luckily the drivers didn't notice) and the seat in front of me was occupied by a large plant. Not the most talkative of passengers (by the way the plant wasn't mine, I don't know whose it was).

When i got to Brno luckily I recognised the station (as no one actually said we'd reached Brno) and I was met by my friend before making the tram and then trolleybus journey back to my friend's flat.

1 Comments:

At 5:00 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home