Saturday, December 03, 2005

KLCC

After finishing at the hospital I went by train to KLCC (a large shopping centre in the centre of KL). It was cool to find that I could actually get to the shopping centre from Kajang, even if it does take about an hour to walk there and then the actual train journey is another 45 minutes or so.

It was strange because the train reminded me of the tube in the way it looks (although it travels above ground) and the fact that it was raining outside made it seem even more so like I was in England. However it was freezing on the train, which ruined the affect as everyone knows the London tube is always boiling hot.

I didn't spend that long in KLCC as, by the time I got there, it was quite late. While I was in central KL I decided to see this market on this street which I can't remember the name of. So I walked out the back of KLCC and into this park behind the shopping centre. It was dark and raining but in these conditions KL really shone. It was really beautiful. Here are some pics I took with my mobile:


I took a bus to the market which consisted of stalls where people sold all sorts of fake merchandise. It was completely packed and full of annoying sellers shouting at you to buy their stuff. I managed to barter with one stall owner...........well actually I did it with a few and when they wouldn't lower the price far enough I would say 'fine, i'll go to another stall then!' Then i'd walk away to the sound of them shouting 'no, wait, i'll sell it for 5 ringits! Wait!' but by then they were too late and I would stay true to my word and go to another stall. What a power trip (actually I felt quite cruel but I did get a good quality VCD of a new movie for less than a pound!) I went back to Kajang by bus. The bus had a really old fashioned interior. It was cool, I felt like I was on a bus in the 1950s or something. After the bus journey came the walk.......................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home