Friday, February 03, 2006

The queue starts here!

I was asked to do another job for my parents today. It was a simple 'pick up some files and bring them back to the office job' and my destination wasn't too far away. I got on the bus with my oyster card, scanned the card in and got shown a red 'you have no money left on the card' light and told to get off the bus and buy a ticket (yeah, friendly bus driver). As soon as I got off the bus to buy a ticket the bus drove off.

Well I got the next bus and got to my destination. My mum had already phoned the sollicitors whom I was picking up the files from and told them I was coming to pick up the stuff. So when I got there I told them whom i'd been sent by and for what reason and the woman at the reception just stared at me. I told her that they'd been phoned to tell them i'd be coming but she continued to just stare at me. Luckily some man behind her realised why I was there and showed me the files. He then made some joke which I completely didn't get because it was in legal jargon. In fact I didn't actually realise he was telling a joke so that was pretty embarrasing.

I got back to the office with the files without incident (I had some horrible vision of the bag I was carrying them in braking on the bus because there were quite a few heavy files in the bag and it was just a plastic bag).

When I got back I was given quite a large pile of photocopying to do. But I quickly went to get lunch because it was well past lunch time. When i'd picked up what I wanted I went to the checkout. But there was only one person at the checkout and they seemed to be having problems. So I waited to be served but didn't bother going to the other side of the store where you're meant to go and queue because there was no one else queueing and it was far away from the one checkout that was currently operating. Some people started to queue behind me but then some smartass went and queued at the 'correct' place. So that confused everyone and they started to ask each other where the queue was. In the end everyone ended up going to the other end of the store far away from the checkout and I felt stupid for 'misleading' everyone (that and I was now at the end of the queue).

And thats been my day so far (well after the lunch I finished all that photocopying and delivered the post to the post box but theres not much to say about that).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home