Monday, April 03, 2006

Shock

Thats what i'm feeling right now. I did my morning workshift and came home to find a big envelope on the floor in the post. I knew it was the result of my Leeds interview. I felt sick. I opened it and I got an unconditional offer.

It still hasn't actually sunk in that I have finally managed to get a place at medical school. When I was opening the letter I was thinking well at least this time the university actually sent me the letter of rejection instead of leaving it to UCAS to do as I considered the Leeds interview to have been my worst (5am wake up to get the train and having to wait till 5pm to have my interview didn't exactly help the interview to go well). But apparently they saw something in me. Maybe it was my 'joke' (which wasn't intended to be a joke) and if it was I have Josh to thank for it (so thank you Josh for getting lost in the neverending fields of fern near the beginning of our Duke of Edinburgh expedition).

And speaking of D. of E., Nick I have handed in your D. of E. stuff to be sent off (at the same time as handing in my own) although that is old news now (it happened about 2 weeks ago, I just forgot to mention it).

I was just thinking, things always seem to go wrong for me (or I don't quite get what/where I want) when it comes to exams and university places (it happened with my GCSEs, AS levels and A levels as well as the medical schools) but in the end, after a lot persistance I get there. Its irritating but you know what, i'm not complaining. At least it keeps me on my toes.

9 Comments:

At 11:13 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Thank you.

 
At 4:02 am, Blogger barista brat said...

phenomenal alex!
you're on your way.

 
At 10:07 pm, Blogger wigwayj said...

I SO TOLD YOU!!!
WAHAY!!! Well deserved. finally.

 
At 3:48 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Thank you :) (to both barista brat and James).

 
At 3:22 am, Blogger Nick said...

おめでとう!!!

 
At 10:56 am, Blogger Alex said...

thanks Nick............I think.........

 
At 5:28 pm, Blogger gap year Josh said...

Well done!! I've been away and only just got to the computer so belated congratulations. did you say you've handed in my d of e stuff?

 
At 9:38 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Thanks Josh. I handed in Nicks because he gave me his stuff all filled out and asked me to just before he left for Brunei. I don't have yours. Did you even finish everything and fill out the form?

 
At 7:21 pm, Blogger gap year Josh said...

No i didn't, that's why i was confused

 

Post a Comment

<< Home