Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Before The Course

Things didnt start well. When I arrived in the Czech Republic it was boiling hot and I was wearing jeans and a jumper. This was quite an easy problem to solve and I did so (by taking off my jumper, not my jeans). Luckily I met Pavlina, the woman I was meant to meet, as soon as I entered the arrivals lounge. Her husband drove us to their flat where I was told they were going to take me out to dinner and it was suggested shorts would be a good idea due to the heat. So I put on my shorts, and in my hurrying, while tying my shorts, somehow managed to rip them and yank off my button. I went to the restaurant in jeans.

The food in the restaurant was good and by the time we had finished eating (and watched the beer drinking races with giant straws) it was late. I was tired and so decided to go to bed. However when I went to wash I was presented with a nasty surprise. Earlier that day my mum had given me some travel washing stuff for using in sinks but on opening it managed to brake the lid off. This meant the lid no longer screwed on. It was wrapped in a plastic bag with a rubber band tying it together and so should have been ok. But due to the rough handling of my bag by airport staff it had opened and leaked all over my bag containing my washing stuff. So I spent an hour or two cleaning the sticky but now very clean contents of my washing bag. Needless to say the next day I was feeling quite tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home