Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Plane food

Ok, i'm not going to make this into a 'complaining about plane food' blog entry because everyone knows that plane food, in general, isn't good. But the food on the flight this time confused me.

I couldn't work out what a lot of it actually was. There was thin strips of yellow stuff which looks like it could have either been potato or some sort of weird shaped pasta, but it didn't seem to be either. Then there was chicken in some strange brown sauce. I've never tasted a sauce like it before (and thats not meant in a good way..............ok I guess I am complaining a bit here). And the 'salad' sidedish didn't have any vegetables in it. It was actually thin strips of ham and cheese with the odd gherkin thrown in (well I don't know if it was actually thrown in....................).

For breakfast there was an omelette surrounded on one side by some red sauce and on the other side some yellow sauce. Neither sauce tasted of anything so I don't know what it was.The omelette itself was ok. There was also a roll which was nice and a cake. I guess the cake was a carrot cake because it had strips of carrot in it. But it didn't taste of carrot. It tasted of coffee. And then there was a carrot on top, which I inititally thought was marzipan and therefore tried to eat, but it turned out to be plastic.

So anyway the food was definately interesting and provided me with something to think about on the journey (ie. what the food actually was). Can't say I dwelled too much on it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home