Monday, October 31, 2005

Sorry

I apologise Josh that I haven't actually blogged anything to do with what i've actually been doing here in Malaysia yet but I just haven't had time to do a proper blog entry. I've been kept very busy in my time here. And right now, being midnight, I don't think I can face a big blog entry either. So i'll talk about some of the things i've done here so far other than the shadowing/helping out in the hospital.

So the food here has been excellent. I haven't yet found one thing I don't like. Oh and nick, they have a lot of Japanese owned supermarkets here it seems (well they may not have that many but I went to 2 in 3 days...........................bought Hello Pandas which made me happy! and pocky................ but I couldn't see any qoo). There are also A LOT of shopping centres which are all massive compared to Brent Cross. I've had some fun exploring those. I've even been to Ikea...................which was exactly the same as the London Ikea, but unfortunately I didn't see the ice cube table light there that I saw in London's Ikea and wanted to buy.

On Saturday morning I went to a market which was cool. It was quite different to the UK markets (I guess mainly because there was no one screaming at you to buy their produce). There was loads of fresh fruit, veg, fish and Malay sweets (which I enjoyed eating) amongst other things. But the markets don't seem too tall person friendly, the spiders above the fruit and veg stalls seemed to reside at eye level for me. I was however succesful in avoiding them.

I've seen a bit of KL from the car (such as the 2 tall towers) but have yet to explore it.

I did however explore the area around where i'm currently staying (I move into the flat next week after the festival called Hari Raya). I'll post pics from that tomorrow as I just spent half an hour uploading one pic and then the internet disconnected on me. So i'm too annoyed to try again now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home