Friday, April 21, 2006

A hot chocolate, extra hot...................but not too hot!

Another unusual customer yesterday was a man with quite a thick accent of some sort (and I don't mean to imply thats what made him unusual). He made an extremely fast order which all sounded like one word. Then when he repeated it I managed to make out he wanted a hot chocolate, extra hot, but not too hot. I thought that was contradictory but he didn't seem to think so. All he seemed to be thinking was 'i'll keep saying it over and over and over again' because thats what he did, he said, 'a hot chocolate, extra hot, but not too hot' repeatedly. I eventually managed to get it through to him that I understood his order and had already passed it over to the bar to be made and so then he started telling me and the people waiting behind him in the queue about his trip to Scotland for 5 days. I managed to get him to pay and then he went over to the bar to tell my partner exactly what he meant by 'a tall hot chocolate, extra hot, not too hot.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home