Thursday, June 15, 2006

Bloody heat

Today was another pretty hot day in London. Not as hot as earlier in the week (because at times the heat got ridiculous, especially at night................I really hate having a boiler in my room and unopenable windows!) but it was still hot. So I went to meet Dheeraj in town and had some very nice thai food. After spending much of the afternoon in the centre I had to go back home (in a packed train since everyone was trying to get back home for the England game) but unfortunately I had to go to the hospice so I couldn't see the match.................or so I thought. The nurses had the tvs switched onto the match in every room so that as they walked past the rooms they could see snippets of the match. Since one of the tvs was in a room just next door to the nurses quarters where I do my phone answering I was able to go watch the match (of course at the same time listening out for any phone calls). Funnily enough no one called during the match.

So England are through to the next round and czech blatantly will be. I'm happy.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Yeah :(

They didn't get through. Me and my big mouth. I think I tempted fate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home