Friday, May 19, 2006

Day off

Yesterday was a day off work. I wanted to sleep in for once but unfortunately I had to get a blood test done (to make sure I still have Hepititis B antibodies in my body as a result of the hepititis B jab I had before I went to Malaysia. Otherwise i'll need a booster to be able to study medicine).

When I got to the health centre there was a long queue for the blood tests. I had to pick up a number (they supposedly went up to 40 but I for some reason got the number 2 which apparently comes after 40). The wait was about 50 minutes (yes, I was that bored that I timed it). The actual sticking a needle into me, drawing out my blood and telling me to get out because its finished took about half a minute. The woman taking the blood was extremely unfriendly so I was quite happy to go so quickly.

Then I went and had lunch (a chicken wrap with other stuff in it) and then, being extremely greedy I went and bought sushi and pocky at this little japanese shop about 15 minutes walk away.

After that I went on a mission for my parents to pick up some medical scans for them (the scans were of some clients, not my parents). This took me to some place in Wood Green (my parents didn't even know where the place was so I had to do some exploring). Strangely I found it pretty easily (using my ususal method of 'just walk and you'll eventually get to where you need to go'). The receptionist in the place obviously couldn't be bothered to do her job and when I told her who I was there to see she just said she didn't know who the person was. So I asked if she could try looking in her computer or something. She did and was then able to tell me which floor to go up to (I was almost expecting an answer of 'computer says no *cough*'). I was also told that I needed to phone the floor using this phone on a table in a corner. To be honest it all felt very strange and unnecessary but I did as I was told and eventually met the person I was supposed to meet. I got the scans and returned back home.

And for the rest of the day I did random, not particularly interesting things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home