Wednesday, May 17, 2006

'Does no one know how to unblock toilets anymore?!'

Warning: If you don't want to read a post involving blocked toilets ignore this post.

Yesterday one of the toilets in Starbucks got blocked for the second time in a week. The first time the toilet was blocked by a tampon even though there is a large sign next to the toilet stating, 'Do not put anything other than toilet paper in this toilet!' and another sign by it saying, 'please do not put tampons in the toilet (it seems its such a common problem that it now has its own sign).' This second time we didn't know what was blocking it. We tried unblocking it with a plunger which didn't work and then had to resort to using our hand (with a glove on obviously, which was then disposed of). But, despite clearing out all the toilet paper (which in itself could have blocked the toilet with the amount whoever had caused the blockage used), the toilet was still blocked. So we decided we'd spent too much time on it already (this was done after hours since I was on the closing shift) and decided to call someone to come in the next day to unblock it. A sign was put on the door of the toilet asking customers to use the other toilet and apologising for the inconveniance.

So the next day we get a visit from this woman who from now on I shall refer to as 'the crazy bitch.' Believe me, she has earned this name. Shes a regular................well a regular complainer, she never actually buys anything. Usually she comes in just to tell us off for some random reason. I would say its annoying but to be honest I find her quite funny. Her complaints are just so ridiculous. And I find myself looking forward to hearing what her complaint for the day will be.

So today she appeared from out of nowhere and enquired in a rude tone, 'does no one know how to unblock toilets anymore?!' My Starbucks partner and I explained to her that we had tried but couldn't and that someone was coming to unblock it. We also reminded her that there was another toilet that wasn't blocked. This was her answer, 'does no one know how to unblock toilets anymore?!'. So we answered that we did and so did the man who was coming to fix it. We also reminded her that the toilets are for customers and that she wasn't one. Continuing to ignore everything we said she then told us that she had unblocked the toilet. So, not really knowing what to say at this point and trying to stop myself from laughing, I said, 'urm, well thank you...............so what actually was your reason for rudely shouting at us?' That had her stumped for a couple of seconds. Her reply was, 'I don't see why I can't use the toilet! I've unblocked it, why can't I use this toilet?! Why is there still this sign there?! Can I use it?! I don't see why you won't let me use it?!' We told her if she had unblocked it she could use it and so she then left the shop.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 pm, Blogger Alex said...

It seems we'll never know. But we were told by a shocked customer (shocked at her might I add) that she had been in that toilet for over half an hour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home