Sunday, April 30, 2006

Tagged

Ok, so i've been tagged by the Barista Brat. Therefore heres 6 weird things or habits about myself:

1. I love rain!

2. I went through a stage of trying to do everything I did four times in a row (this was when I was much younger). It was something to do with 4 being (and still being) my lucky number and I had this strange feeling that if I didn't do everything four times something bad would happen.

3. I have adapted to the temperature in my room which can be ridiculously hot (especially in the summer), so much so that it has killed 2 bonsai trees (not that its hard to kill bonsai trees), 2 coconut plants (well they were like palm trees growing out of coconuts) and has given a number of friends nose bleeds after spending the night in it. Btw this high temperature is due to a cupboard in my room containing the boiler for the house.

4. I met the president of the Czech Republic's wife at Prague castle while on a Czech language course. They were filming the event for czech tv (for some reason) and when I went to accept my 'graduation' certificate from the president's wife she said (in czech), 'do you study or do you work?' So I answered (forgetting to conjugate and of course also in czech), 'you study.'

On that course my class was also heard on a czech radio station and on Dobruska TV (Dobruska being the small town we were situated in). My coursemates (and the others on the course who I wouldn't call my mates) were Dobruska celebrities!

5. I find the area of infectious diseases interesting (which is the area I currently want to go into in medicine, who knows if I still will after 5 years of studying the subject). It still feels strange saying that even after all the interviews for medicine. Its just feels wrong to say you have an interest in something so morbid. And even with medical students/doctors, when you ask them why they want/wanted to do medicine you expect to hear something like, 'because I want to work with people' or something more specific such as, 'I want to work with children' or 'I want to work with old people.' But my interviewers heard, 'I want to work with malaria and dengue fever.' Well actually I didn't say that because I don't have a specific infectious disease i'm really fascinated by (and thats not the sole reason I want to do medicine) but you get the point.

6. I used to be part of an acting/singing group..............I can't really sing and I definately can't act. Admittedly it wasn't a proper acting/singing group, just something to occupy children after school and let parents feel proud of their children for doing something productive (even if this meant sitting through, or should that be enduring, plays with little children singing and dancing badly). But I played a zookeeper, a drunken father, Little John (in Robin Hood), a crazy man who lived to kill insects (well that was my take on the character), a rat and a flame. And those are just the parts I remember!

So now i'm supposed to tag 6 other people.............but I don't really know six other people who blog. So James, Nick, Josh and Kura Kura, if you see this and feel like doing it consider yourself tagged. If you see this and think 'theres no way i'd do that' or 'this is like a blog equivalent of a chain letter' then consider yourself not tagged.

1 Comments:

At 3:00 pm, Blogger Alex said...

lol, I look forward to reading your blog entry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home