Thursday, May 11, 2006

Extra shift

It was meant to be my day off today but two of my Starbucks partners were ill and one other was on holiday. So, due to the lack of available staff, I was needed.

I did an 8 and a half hour shift which wasn't so bad but now i'm tired and have a 6.50am shift start tomorrow. I was happy to help out though (and theres always the added bonus of earning more money).

Horrible customer of the day:

Woman: I want a peppermint mocha with chocolate chips in it!
Me: *inputing the order into the till* Ok thats a peppermint mocha with chocolate chips.
Woman: Why is it so expensive?! It didn't used to be that much!
Me: Well its because it was last years summer product. We can still make it but we now have been told we have to charge for the chocolate chips and the peppermint syrup.
Woman: But no one else has charged me that much! They charge for the syrup but not the chocolate chips! Its ridiculous!
Me: Well we have been told since the start of Starbuck's summer period that we have to charge for the chocolate chips. I'm sorry but thats what we have to do (my starbucks partner was backing me up on this saying that if she still had a problem with it she could talk to our manager).
Woman: Well its ridiculous!
Starbucks partner: Well we have to charge you for it. Do you want the drink or not?
Woman: *slamming the money on the table* Stop talking and just make me the drink!
We made her her drink.

I don't see what the point was of having an argument with us. If it was so expensive why didn't she not get the drink or just ask for it without the chocolate chips? She just wanted an argument (or has anger management problems). Personally I think it was a mixture of both. And I was getting a sense of deja vu with her. I think i've served her before and we've had the same 'conversation.' If she comes in again and has another fit over her peppermint chocolate chip mocha i'm going to report her to my manager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home