Sunday, June 04, 2006

Back

Had a really good time in Czech but unfortunately it was too short. However we managed to fit alot into 4 days.

We ate really good food, saw Brno castle (which I had seen before but it was many years ago), went up a tower in the town centre and looked out over Brno (which strangely I had never done before even though i've been going to Brno for years now) and went to some clubs in Brno which was quite fun (unfortunately we couldn't get into one of the ones that we wanted to go to. The bouncer kept saying something to us which was either 'full' or 'fool.' We decided to take it as 'the club is full' and so we just went to another club). We also went around the town shopping and eating (I got myself some Bata shoes and a t-shirt saying Ceska Republika as well as many chocolate BeBe biscuits and paprika crisps). And most importantly we had some ovoce knedliky (fruit dumplings)!

Of course we made a trip to the cinema to see X-men 3 (I had to let Dheeraj try the cheese popcorn!) Unfortunately in the cinema I ended up sitting next to this strange woman who brought a bagload of stuff and started saying something to me about my drink (which was in the drinks holder between my seat and hers). So I moved my drink (I wasn't going to risk leaving it there with all the attention it was getting from her). She then took out bag after bag of stuff before proceeding to cry. She cried before the movie started, she cried when the trailers were showing and then when people actually died in the movie she started to bawl. It was scary.

The tower in the town centre:


The view from the tower:

Cheesy smile time (taken by some random German woman):


You can see the castle on the hill in the distance:


Cheesy smile time part 2:


The market square (and market):

The castle entrance (the castle is called Spilberk, pronounced Shpilberk):


Part of the courtyard bit of the castle:


The castle bells that play one of many different tunes on the hour:


The view from the castle:


These are actually pictures from Dheeraj since I didn't bring my camera. Unfortunately there isn't a close up picture of the castle itself (or the actual interior of the castle/dungeons since we didn't have time to see them).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home