Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Holiday!

Its been morning shifts almost every shift this week at work (ie. 6.45am starts). This didn't bode well for todays shift since last nights meet up with Josh, James, Christian and Joe resulted in me getting to sleep sometime around 3 in the morning. I didn't feel too great when I had to wake up at 6. Strangely enough though once at work it wasn't too bad. I was tired but at the same time I was kept so busy that I didn't notice it. I don't even feel that tired now which is good since i've still got to pack (i'm going to Trinec in the Czech Republic for a friends wedding after a quick visit to Brno).

Oh and theres been some potentially positive news at work on the air conditioning front. They may actually come and fix it sometime later this week. So only 2 months late. Its weird, its been quite cool weather wise yet our Starbucks has still been ridiculously hot (and this is with all the fans on and the front and back doors open). So when I come back I may actually be able to work in a normal temperature Starbucks *GASP*

This weeks annoyance at work is the lack of a money counting machine (which just means manual money counting, not the worst thing in the world but unnecessarily time consuming and slightly tedious once you've counted the 200th 1p and realised you're only half way through them). However i'm not expecting Starbucks to get round to sending a new money counting machine anytime soon (I mean we're still waiting for the air con to be fixed).

Blah i'm going to stop talking about work now since its taken over this blog post as it is (a post which was actually meant to be about me going on holiday). Did I mention i'm going on holiday. 1 and a half weeks off! Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home