Monday, August 14, 2006

Whats Next

It looks like the craziness from last week is set to continue into this week. Today when I came into work I found out my Starbucks store had been burgled (they'd destroyed the back door to get in, ransacked the office and drilled through the safe and therefore had stolen the money contained in it). So, although we carried on working as usual, we had to work around the people who had come to fix everything. We also now have no computer which hinders quite a few of the important daily procedures and the closing shift (which I was on today) is made more challenging by the fact that before you can do any cleaning you have to actually find the cleaning materials (which lie somewhere amongst the remnants of the office).

Then, when we were leaving, the alarm which was supposed to have been fixed today decided not to work. So we waited, trying to get it to work............for quite a while. I was holding the door open (which you have to do when trying to set the alarm). My supervisor, who was trying to set the alarm, eventually joined me at the door saying that she'd spoken to the manager who had told her just to give up and leave. She also told me she'd just heard some loud knocking from the back door hence her hurry in following our manager's orders.

When I was walking home I checked if there was anyone on the back street that leads to the gate door which then leads to the stores back door but there was no one there so I guess my supervisor must have been hearing things.

2 Comments:

At 5:48 am, Blogger barista brat said...

wow, the drilling into the safe is crazy!

the burglaries at US bux is done the old fashioned way - when the employees are still in the store and can manually open the safe.

glad it was done during off hours and no one was hurt or traumatized.

 
At 8:56 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Yeah i'm glad it wasn't done the old fashioned way like you mentioned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home