Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Can someone let me back in..............please?!

It was even worse today at work than yesterday. In fact its so bad my manageress decided the store will be shut from tomorrow onwards until the air con is fixed (of course the next two days happen to be my days off so it makes no difference to me).

But on a more positive note today I got a M.U.G. award thanking me 'for working so hard despite the heat' and wishing me all the best with my studies which was really nice. The M.U.G. award apparently 'helps partners recognise co-workers for "Moves of Uncommon Greatness" that help them achieve their goals.' To be honest I don't think i've made any moves of uncommon greatness (I think it should really read moves of uncommon stupidity after what happened to me at the end of my shift today) but it was really nice of my Starbucks branch to give me the award. I shall wear my mug badge with pride!

So onto my 'move of uncommon stupidity' I managed to lock myself out of my store today. I was finishing my shift and wanted to quickly refill the plastic lids in the store before I went (as you do). But there weren't any left in the storage area in the back of the store. So I went to the outside storage area to look. I forgot to prop the door open. After a few seconds of lifting various boxes I found the box containing the lids. I also then heard the door slam shut. It didn't occur to me that this would be a problem. But when I looked at the door I realised there was no handle on the outside. I was stuck in the backyard of the store and there was no way any of my fellow baristas would know.

Luckily our store's backyard leads out onto a back alley so I managed to open the back gate and walk all the way back around to the front of the store. I could see the other baristas' confused faces as they noticed me walking back in through the front entrance when they thought I was still searching for lids in the back of the store. I'm sure they were thinking how are we going to restock our lids without him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home