Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Incidents Around the Tube

I thought I'd write about two incidents I experienced just outside tube stations today. Both of them actually occured while returning home from a friend's house whom I had met up with in town after my interview.

The first occured while approaching the exit from a tube station I needed to use. There was a weird man who tried to grab my attention and tell me he was selling weed. I just ignored him and carried on walking. He decided I must not have heard him and followed, again telling me he was selling weed. Still walking I told him I didn't want any. He didn't seem to understand and carried on following, telling me 'its a really good price'. I replied 'I don't want any ok, go away!' He didn't seem to get the message and carried on following me, seemingly getting more frustrated and aggressive, so I just crossed the road. At this point (just my luck) I realised I needed to go back the way I had come and so, to avoid the weird man, I had to take a long route back. Luckily I got to the tube station entrance without bumping into the weird man but it really pissed me off. And its not the first time some random man on the street has tried to sell me weed as I walked past. Its happened in town at least twice before. Why do they choose me. There were many other people around in all the times this has happened. Do I look like some sort of druggy or something?

The second incident occured having just left a station (and while beginning my 30 minute walk home). It was about 11pm and so was dark. There was a woman walking quite a bit in front of me but apart from that there was no one else around. Halfway down the road I stepped on a lose paving slab which made a massive crack sound (I think it may have broken or something). The woman spun round, looked at me for a few seconds and then ran away screaming. It was the weirdest thing. I've never had anyone run away from me screaming before. I feel really bad.

I don't know. Maybe she was just scared because she thought I was a druggy or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home