Sunday, August 14, 2005

Back at school and I only just left!

I was just thinking how i'd only just finished school forever, only to return to lessons. Its my normal daily routine (apart from not being at home and having to walk to school). I get up at 7.00 to have a shower before going to have breakfast (which is only available between 7.00 and 8.00). Actually to say I get up at 7.00 is a lie because, although i'm awake at 7.00, I have to wait for my roommates to have a shower before I do (I prefer to go last so I don't feel so rushed). Having 3 roommates, all of whom want to use the one shower, means I get up at about 7.45. This also means I miss breakfast. But missing breakfast doesn't matter because the teacher doesn't seem to mind us eating in class so during the first break I go to the small supermarket next door and buy bread rolls (rohlik), water and chocolate bebe biscuits. The lessons start at 8.15 and finish at about 4.00 (with breaks and lunch in between).

The lessons on the course, although intense, are really fun. The teacher is really nice and funny which is reciprocated by my classmates, all of whom are really fun. I feel comfortable talking in my class, even when having to speak czech (my terrible pronounciation doesn't even matter because i'm not the worst at it in my class). We have learnt a lot in a short space of time (even though I still can't say the things I want to say) and my listening czech skills are improving. But the language is very hard and I have a long long way to go. We are getting o understand the way it works with all its different cases, genders and tenses and often within the cases and genders there are exceptions to the rules (for example words ending in e can be either feminine or neuter and so you just have to learn what it is and some words, which from the endings you'd expect to be masculine, are actually feminine or neuter and so again you just have to learn them).

I just wish they used more vowels in czech words. The lack of them doesn't help in the pronounciation. And unfortunately i'm still getting homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home