Sunday, August 14, 2005

TVs and Radios

Since i've been here i've been on the tv and the radio.

People came first from a radio station and recorded part of our lesson. It wasn't expected and my teacher just asked us questions (which we had just learnt how to answer that morning). It was like quickfire questions and was really nerve wracking because I didn't want to be the one to make a mistake (even if my answers were said with awful pronounciation). I got asked where i'm from, what my name was, whether i'm a boy (just because that we something we had learnt how to say, not because my gender was in question) and what was my profession. The teacher then made us describe things. I had to describe a lemon (not the most exciting of things). The radio reporter then interviewed some people. I wasn't asked to be interviewed. She must not have been impressed with my czech (she interviewed people from the top 2 classes and i'm in the bottom class).

The tv reporter came 2 days later to film part of our lesson. We were learning how to order food at a restaurant and were roleplaying. So they recorded some members of my class pretending to order food and large beers (velke pivo) before arguing over who was going to pay. They then recorded my class doing the whole talking about ourself briefly one by one and describing objects. This time I got to describe a train. I decided my train was large, old and blue. The filming ended with our teacher pointing at objects in the room and us stating where they were.

Our class appeared on the channel 1 news for a whole minute (well clips from our class with a voice over so you can't hear our terrible pronounciation).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home