Friday, October 20, 2006

Wild Week

Well the wild part of the title is meant to reflect the fact that I went to a safari themed cocktail party this week (yet another medics event though non-medics were allowed to come) and some of the costumes were pretty wild. There were giraffes, tigers, lions, zebras, tribesmen, cheetahs, hunters..................bushes..............the bush was actually really annoying as, at some point during the evening, I ended up stood by him and his twigs/leaves kept stabbing me in the face. I went as a tourist which was a bit of a cop out, but I did make binoculars! The binoculars were made out of loo rolls and other random bits of cardboard I had collected. I then drew a picture of a lion which I put in one of the lenses so that when you looked through them you could, well, see a lion. Unfortunately my binoculars got pretty squashed. They're still intact, just a bit mishapen. Anyway it was a really fun night.

The workloads gotten quite intense this week, mainly because they've set us something like 5 essays to do (in addition to the self-directed learning) and a presentation to prepare. I haven't gotten round to properly starting the essays yet. I keep telling myself thats what the weekends for. I guess i'll see.

However the last couple of days i've been uncharacteristically organised. In the last 2 days i've done my food shopping for the week, washed my clothes, hoovered and mopped the floor in my flat and cooked a surprisingly nice stir fry, fried eggs with tomatoes and onions and pasta sauce (with the pasta to go with it of course). By the way I made those dishes on different days. I know I eat a lot but not that much. I also did the washing up thats piled up over the week (belonging to two of my flatmates, not me) since I got fed up of seeing it every time I went into the kitchen. Oh and I cleaned the kitchen table and table tops. I don't know why i've gotten into a strange cleaning mood. I think it has something to do with avoiding my essays.

My french flatmate also decided to make some crepes tonight (I made the dinner, ie. the stir fry and she made the dessert). Mmmmmmmm how I love crepes! Especially with nutella.

2 Comments:

At 11:09 am, Blogger gap year Josh said...

I just went i nto my kitchen and i think i might go into a cleaning frenzy, but later i'm too tired now. I went into a friend's flat yesterday and it was disgusting her flatmates had sprayed their fire extinguisher everywhere and there was shampoo and ketchup on all the walls and stairs. they'd cleaned it up but it was still horrible

 
At 7:41 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Shampoo and ketchup on the walls and stairs?! What a weird mixture. I've heard some pretty rank stories about the state of some other peoples' kitchens so i'm quite happy with the reletively clean state of mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home