Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Work, how I have not missed you!

I'm sitting here trying to do a write up for a practical experiment we did at the end of last week and finding my mind all to easily wandering. I feel so out of practice at doing work (academic work that is, thanks to Starbucks i'm fine with manual work, well as long as it involves cleaning and coffee making). It seems like so long ago now that I actually got essays and write ups to do. So to ease me back into it my uni has given me 4 essays to write, a presentation to prepare and a leaflet to make. Thats in addition to the usual self directed work they give us every evening and the blog entries I have to write for my PPD sessions (basically our ethics sessions where we sometimes get visits from doctors or patients and ask them questions/discuss things with them).

I know they say medical school is tough but you don't really think about it until you are actually there, inundated with work. And this is only one month in, I expect it to get much harder. But at the same time i'm really loving it here and couldn't imagine doing any other course. So i'll tolerate the boring write ups, i'll make the most amazing HIV leaflet ever and maybe i'll find myself enjoying those essays. Who knows, I might even get this current write up finished!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home