Sunday, April 10, 2005

Mobile Conversation

Yeah i know. My deviation away from travel tales didn't last very long, in fact it lasted only one entry. But i'm going to tell another travel story anyway.

Why do some people feel the need to share their mobile conversations with everyone in the vacinity around them? In the case of the person I am going to blog about it wasn't even with the immediate vacinity but with the whole bus. In this case I put it down to her being just a bit drunk (a slight understatement). In fact I know it was down to drunkeness as she proclaimed to all, 'you know what...........you know...................i am.........ver................veryyyyyyyyyyyy drunk,'

Well the conversation didn't exactly get off to a good start.
drunk bus woman: Hello, who are you..........yes i'm phoning you, who are you.................oh its you! I'm realllllllllly drunk! Do you want to come over?..............you're busy, oh then how bout tomorrow..................you're still busy!.......................well how bout the day after?.............................you're going to be busy for a while! Well you're a very busy girl aren't you!

Things then got more interesting.
drunk bus woman: Do you speak english?.......................no I don't think you do, I can't understand what you're saying..............................no, still don't understand...................I really don't think you are speaking english, you know they do english classes somewhere, i think you should go.............no i really don't think you are, it sounds more french or spanish or something, maybe Irish, wait do they speak another language in Ireland?.....................yes i did phone you for a reason....................well the reason is..........um............do you want to come over?...................you're still busy! What, were you busy earlier that you're still busy?......................ok fine I'll go..............yeah calm it..................well you're the one who won't be getting drunk tonight so there...........no I'm not an alcoholic...................no, no I am not an alcoholic!................now look what you've done, I really need a drink..................I hate you, do you know that cos I really hate you...................well you've got a big nose.............and you're fat, yeah you are ha!

And thats where the conversation ended. I'm actually quite amazed at my ability to remember such a pointless thing so well. I just wish I was as good at remembering important things such as my schoolwork for exams.

Well whatever the reason for the sharing of mobile conversations on the bus, whether it be a desperation to be heard or simply plain ignorance of those around, it makes the bus journey less tedious and far more memorable for other passengers like myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home